And here’s how we are using that extra can of pumpkin this year.
Orange Pumpkin Cloverleafs
Classic shape plus not-so-classic flavors gives these rolls an element of surprise. That’s not to say the wintry blend of pumpkin and orange is overpowering; it’s actually very subtle, so the rolls go with just about anything you put on the dinner table. Leftovers would be awfully good slathered with butter and toasted for breakfast.
- 3/4 stick unsalted butter, melted, divided
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast (from a 1/4-ounce package)
- 1/4 cup warm milk (105–115°F)
- 1 tablespoon mild honey or sugar
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour plus more for kneading and dusting
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 2 large eggs, divided, plus 1 yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon water
Recipe by Ruth Cousineau