We’re using up the season’s last tomatoes with this amazing tart tonight.
Fruit tart desserts often steal the spotlight in summer, but this easy savory treat showcases plum tomatoes in their prime with such simple grace that you’ll forget about sweets for the moment.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (from a 17 1/4-oz package), thawed
- 2 lb plum tomatoes (8 large), halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano shavings plus additional for garnish (1 1/4 oz; from a 6- to 8-oz piece)
Recipe and Food Styling by Paul Grimes